To sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 763-6006 or sign up at the front desk in the atrium.
This class is for starter players or players getting back into tennis. It will concentrate on players acquiring the skills to serve, rally, and score for playing the game.
We offer a variety of stroke clinics, such as:
- Essentials of Shot Making - This clinic will demonstrate how to: train the eye muscles to perform better, improve tennis specific movement, improve balance by recognizing head, upper body, and leg positions, and develop racquet acceleration and control.
- Essentials of the Serve - This clinic will help present tips and drills for the essentials of the serve including: head positioning, eye-hand coordination drills, footwork techniques of the serve, dynamic balance training, racquet acceleration training, and the evolution of the serve.
- Situation-Based Return of Serve Technique Training - This clinic will help players train the technical elements of the return of serve based on the situation the player is put in during the match.
- Situation-Based Groundstroke Technique Training - This will help players train the technical elements of the groundstrokes based on the baseline situation the player is put in during the match.
- Situation-Based Volley Technique Training - This clinic will help players train the technical elements of the volley based on the playing the net situation the player is put in during the match.
- Situation-Based Approach Shot Technique Training - This clinic will help players train the technical elements of the approach shot based on the situation the player is put in during the match.
- Situation-Based Overhead Technique Training - This will help players train the technical elements of the overhead based on the playing the net situation the player is put in during the match.
MTC offers 3 different singles clinics, each focuses on a different part of your singles game.
- Improve Your Singles from the Neck Up 1: Anticipation in Singles - This clinic will help a player understand various types of anticipation, which will help improve reaction time, improve their court coverage, and gain a court positioning advantage.
- Improve Your Singles from the Neck Up 2: Strategy & Tactics for Singles - There's more to tennis than just smacking a ball. You have to think about how shots work together, how to make things tough for your opponent, and how to give yourself the best chance to win. This clinic will "map" your singles game and make you more aware of what is happening on the court.
- Improve Your Singles from the Neck Up 3: Mental & Emotional Training for Singles - It is very difficult to determine a player's mental toughness by observing how the player performs during points; the time between points is more revealing. This clinic will teach a player what to do between points, what to do during changeovers, how to handle weather conditions, mental techniques for better serves and returns, and how to play by the score.
Like the singles clinics, MTC's doubles clinics are split into 3 separate classes with each focusing on a different part of your game.
- Improve Your Doubles from the Neck Up 1: Anticipation in Doubles - This clinic will help both players (the hitter & non-hitter) reduce the amount of decision-making required, improve selected focus, and gain a court positioning advantage within the phases and situations in doubles.
- Improve Your Doubles from the Neck Up 2: Strategy & Tactics for Doubles - Players need to train decision-making in doubles and how to make the right decisions for every phase of the match. This clinic will help players identify the different phases in a doubles match and know where to hit the ball in each phase of play.
- Improve Your Doubles from the Neck Up 3: Mental & Emotional Training for Doubles - The key to a good doubles team is effective communication. This clinic will teach you the key to a good doubles team with effective communication, how to use the time between points and changeovers more effectively, how to handle adversity, and how to handle tie-breakers.
Cardio Tennis Clinics
Cardio Tennis is a high-energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It is a social and fun class taught by a teaching tennis pro. Designed for players of all tennis abilities and fitness levels - it is the best (and fun) way to be introduced to the sport or to train for tennis.
Cardio Tennis for Singles and Cardio Tennis for Doubles are both offered at MTC. Each will work to improve your singles/doubles game while incorporating cardiovascular exercise. Music is used in both classes.
TRX Cardio - The ultimate ball striking calorie burning workout incorporating strength, muscle endurance, balance, and flexibility. TRX is a suspension training system designed to facilitate an enormous range of body weight training movements for the entire body.